Tuesday, December 22, 2009

There's nothing like it....

We went to Wal-Mart today I had contemplated leaving Eve home just because I knew it was going to be really busy. Eve has always done AWESOME in crowded situations but sometimes it's nice to get things done without a dog. I decided to take her anyway. She lives for getting her leash and royal blue coat and on!

After 2 hours shopping (brother and sister needed new jeans and shoes, and of course those last minute stocking stuffers), Eve (and I) were worn out and ready to go home. We get to the check out counter and start emptying our cart. Just as we were about to leave, a rather young man (he looked to be in his 40's) pulled up in his wheelchair and said to mom "I just want to thank you for the work you do with the dogs. You have no idea how important it is to me. You see, I'm going blind. Slowly but surely, and it's nice to know there's someone out there who can make a difference in the lives of those who can't see". (and in his case walk)
I took Eve up to him and he told me he knew he wasn't supposed to pet her. But I told him in situations like these, it's more then okay.
He got one of my business cards.
There's nothing like it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!